atomic bent chetler 100 vs line sick day 104

In addition, the fiberglass laminates keep things energetic and poppy throughout, while the PU is a stable and damp material. I'm 182cm (hair under 6ft) so feeling the 180cm size could be the one rather than the 'go-longer-dude' 188cm. Yea I did. You notice it most in the completion phase of the turn where the 100 likes to hold on until the end while the 104 is more playful. My current quiver consists of the Enforcer 94s for harder snow days, and Rustler 10s for softer snow, trees, and is my current backcountry touring ski. Atomic removes a serious amount of material from the center of the ski, which really brings the overall weight down. It's slightly lighter than a ski with two full sheets of metal, and its willingness to flex naturally under your feet allow you to play around with different turn shapes more easily than a stiffer ski. It's not an overly stiff ski, and I think would perform really well for what you're looking to do. It used to be that if you extended your arm upwards, you should be able to reach the tips of your skis. Like the Bent 120 and 100. I will use them most of the time in the resort but I often go off-trails. You're right in the sense that it's a lot like an Enforcer 93 with different materials. Please remember, you will still have to take them to a certified technician at a local ski shop before your first run. I'm looking at a bunch of skis in the 90-100 cm range. I'm looking for an all-mountain ski in the 100mm waist range. SE, Jeff, I enjoyed your video. Hi folks! If you measure a Men's 8/Mondopoint 26, please select 26.5, for example. It wasnt too long ago, after all, that a 102 mm underfoot ski would be considered an absolute boat, but now, the construction and shaping techniques are so good that 102s act like much narrower skisin a good way. From the length I was thinking to 180cm. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. A stiffer overall flex pattern compared to the Ranger 98 Ti above, which is going to make the ski very responsive to skier input. I would have a good deal on the Enforcer 100 (19/20), so not sure if the difference would be worth it. . But you're the expert what kind of skies would you recommend me? I'm 6' and 200 and ski probably 60/40 on-piste vs. off-piste. The shape combined with the ski's light weight make it easy to maneuver. The Enforcer 100 is arguably a little more versatile in terms of an even mix of performance characteristics. This is all good stuff for pure and versatile all-mountain skiing, and were loving the energy and attitude from the new Maverick 100 Ti. In addition, I think I need a good cruising east coast groomer ski. Theyre playful and fun to the nth degree, and provide fantastic value to boot. They are a bit wider and have longer rocker profiles, so maneuverability is a bit more pronounced in this ski than the other two. The last time I demoed E100 it was a 185 (previous generation). Proving once again that a good ski is a good ski. Have fun! It's just a matter of whether you're willing to give up a little bit of responsiveness on firm snow. I value maneuverability and quickness over pure speed and I'm definitely not the most aggressive skier on the mountain anymore. The Enforcer 100 has so much metal in it to that the 186 will be plenty damp and stable for your build. The Invictus is a great choice, it's a pretty hefty ski if you thought the Mantra was a bit soft in the tips. Rather fit for a fat old man. Cove- I felt like an Olympian (again in comparison) out there in the moguls, trees, and turns in general. I just purchased the Ranger 102 as my soft snow resort / tree ski with the Masterblaster 96 as my firm snow ski. Overall, you'll find more similarities than differences between these three. The primary purpose for these skis will be to perform in powder. Use: This is a question thats most relevant to advanced or expert skiers: Where are you skiing? There's a lot out there for sure, but they're all really good, so it's harder to make a wrong choice. Ex-racers certainly appreciate the metal construction of the Nordica, and you'll learn how to make it more playful. The QST is a great mix of performance and is on the lighter side, but it's still a fantastic all-mountain ski for any and all conditions. They also have turned up tails (not true twin tips), so they do have a freestyle influence, but work great as all-mountain skis. Here goes! Any advice would be great! When solo I do like to blast through the chop and challenge my limits. The ski doesn't have to be super damped on high speeds off piste properties are more important to me. There is also some metal and rubber underfoot that helps boost stability and also helps with binding retention. Ultimately, with this ZX 100, its all about the tip shape and profile, and how they combine to handle the softer snow. I mostly do blues and some blacks in the Sierras. Seeking 2 ski suggestions. I think I'd like something with a little more edge grip, especially when we get icy conditions! Keep in mind that there shouldn't be a decimal (ex. They will need to set the forward pressure, DIN, toe height, and test the bindings with your boot to ensure safety. I'm riding the 2013 Line Prophet 90's today. One of the more forgiving skis of this article, although like the Pinnacle 95 Ti, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be enjoyed by an expert. On paper it seems to be basically an Enforcer with more modern materials and thus a bit lighter and hopefully nimbler. Thanks in advance! If youre truly an expert skier, you probably know it. The two skis Ive narrowed it down to are the Enforcer 100 in 185 and Mantra M5 in 177. Generally in resort, off-piste terrain. Im looking for something a little better for off piste, powder and tight tree runs. The other thing that stands out with the Stance 102 is the fact that it has fairly dramatic tip and tail rocker. The QST 99 is quick, playful, and responsive. the Atomic lineup is dialed these days. Meet your new daily driverThe Atomic Bent Chetler 100 is made for skiers who want to go everywhere and do everything on the mountain. Thanks again! The Salomon QST 92 comes to mind right away. Ive been eyeing the rustler 9, sick day 94 and even considering something in a 88. . Then rocker technology came along, and, long story short, theres way more room for preference and interpretation than ever before. I am 183cm and about 70kg and do like to ski fast both on and off piste. Im trying to decide between QST and Enforcer. Currently on 181cm Blizzard Bonifides 2015 edition. At 100 mm underfoot, this is the widest Maverick, containing a poplar wood core and two sheets of titanal. I would go with the 92 over the 99, as you'll get that quicker edge to edge performance you're looking for. I just skied the 2020 Rustler 10 two weeks ago and it felt a bit more damp, but not a ton--certainly not a whole new ski or anything like that. Id like something good for about 60/40 on/off trail. For classic or touring poles, the correct size pole should reach your armpit. Skiers with very loose Achillies tendons and strong ankles will particularly enjoy these noodles. With Armadas Articulated Titanal Banding, skiers are able to use this wider shovel to their advantage, as its supple and damp enough to rip through crud and chop while being stable and strong enough to hold a strong edge on the corduroy. Beginner skiers are classified as people who have never ever skied, right up to those just starting to dabble in Intermediate trails. My son has the QST 99s and he loves them. Of course if you don't have ski poles to try this out on, you can always use the chart below. Thanks for the in-depth reviews. Like Volkl and Atomic, K2 has positioned metal along the edges of the ski. Demo'd sizes were a 182 (too small) and 188 which felt good but on the Enforcer idk if I would go 193 or 185?? Youve made it to the next level in skiing. One of them is the Nordica Enforcer 88, which is stiffer and more responsive than the 93, and is a fantastic all-mountain performer. I think the 180ish length is just about right. Intermediate: Congratulations! That said, I also spend a good amount of time cruising down groomers with my family members, so I need a ski that can do it all. I'm having fun on them. If you know youre not an Intermediate skier still, but arent quite confident enough to call yourself an expert, then chances are this is you. SE, Hi SE! 19-meters in the turn shape, these skis can handle some pretty darn high speeds, while the tapered shape and rocker profile do just fine in softer snow. SE, Hi SE, For next year, I'll be skiing almost entirely in the west (going to try to hit all of the Mountain Collective in North America), though I don't have the luxury of timing my ski days around fresh snow, so I'll be skiing the mountains as they are. I am a stocky 5'10" at 215 lbs. The QST 92 should be at the top of your list, as should the Blizzard Rustler 9. Check the charts below to see which size you need. Im a mid-30s advanced (expert on piste) skier, 190lbs, 61 and ski 90% in the European Alps 10-15 days a year (with the occasional trip to the West Coast). Josh, Love the reviews guys and your youtube vids! Your boot sole length is the actual length of your ski boot, in millimeters. Thanks for the response! The Rustler 10 is to the Bonafide as the Ranger 102 FR is to the Ranger 98 Ti. I also am definitely ready to upgrade and was looking in this category anyways. I have been skiing Line Chronics for the past 5 years, they are pretty narrow underfoot and only like 176 in length. It's relatively lightweight and noticeably quick to maneuver, like the Sky, but it has better torsional stiffness, more stability at speed, and a longer effective edge because the rocker isn't quite as pronounced. How they can stand to be bend the way that they do and continue skiing is beyond me, but good for the engineers over at Line for figuring out how on earth to build a ski like this. 188 cm might seem huge, but at your size and given the shape of the ski, it could definitely work. The HRZN Tech in the t. Amazingly, and finally, the stiffest ski on the wall is also one of the lightest. Finally I should say that Im willing to ski most any runs, but Im not an especially aggressive skier Now approaching 50, I like to pick things apart a little more conservatively instead of hard charging down the mountain, so Im not as worried about being able to hit Lightspeed as I mightve been years ago I am 59 ~ 175 lb and consider myself an advanced skier. The Kore will be lighter and easier to ski versus the Mantra, but you also don't lose a ton of groomer performance. You agree given my stats? This gives it a great feel on firm snow as you get full length edge contact, however the M5 Mantra is impressively maneuverable in softer snow conditions as well. Im 55, 510, 195, Intermediate/Advanced. Long answer: You feel like a really good candidate for a Blizzard Rustler 9 or a Nordica Enforcer 93. Enforcer 104 the heaviest of the group but decent tail rocker and nice flex that's money for bumps and trees. At the low end, it hooks into the titanal laminate which extends down toward the tail and becomes full-width underfoot. I have heard good things about the Black Crows line. Chairlift Chat is the official blog of Skiessentials.com. HI Mitchell! The M5 Mantra is a great ski. Arguably one of the most soft-snow oriented skis of this article. Enjoy fast ripping on groomers and something a little playful and manageable in trees and bumps. Also, not necessarily. Have fun! I think the move from the Bonafide to the Rustler makes sense. Higher camber, lighter weight, and a ton of fun. It doesn't have a distinctly playful feel in soft snow and responds to skier input almost immediately. I also tried the Bonafides when I was in Tahoe. These laminates are thinner than most, at .4mm wide, so its not a ton of metal, but still does the trick. We were slightly surprised that this ski ended up so far to the stiff side of the wall, and a lot of it has to do with the carbon nose that attaches to the titanal laminate. They enable me to carve tight lines, make broad arcs across the trail, and float/cut through powder/variable snow; these do it all with ease. What do you think about those for my needs? However, I think I would prefer a ski in the 98-102 range. Because ski bindings are so precise, it's crucial to have them mounted to the BSL and not the Mondo Point. Aggressive skiers who are looking for a stable carver that can plow through the crud and chop. In the 180, were looking at an 18-meter turn radius, so these skis do have the proclivity of being on edge. Chairlift Chat is the official blog of Skiessentials.com. Taking design input from pro freerider, Chris Benchetler, Atomic has created a pow-skiing masterpiece capable of turning the mountain into your playground. Thanks for your help. Rather than snowplow your way down blue squares, youre able to use the shape of your skis to make parabolic or carving turns. The boat-hull inspired shape in the tip and tail boost the ski's float and overall performance in deeper snow conditions. Thanks much. Murray, Hi Murray! That gives the Enforcer 100 excellent vibration damping and stability, but because the metal is thinner it softens up the flex a little bit from tip to tail. The Kore, in my opinion, feels more focused on off-piste maneuverability than anything else. Each of these skis offers their own unique set of attributes, performance characteristics, and overall feel. The nice thing about sizing ski poles is that it's relatively straight foreword. Is the 13 sufficient or should I go for a 16? Was thinking the turn radius on 177 Mantras would be similar to the 185 Enforcer. It's relatively lightweight, but feels a little heftier than some of the really lightweight contenders in this list. Conversely, skiers who are exceptionally light should stick towards to smaller side of the scale, for similar reasons. Between those, the Mantra has more of a metallic feel while the Bonafide is more woody. I ski fast and hard on groomers, I get in the woods any time there is snow available, also hit moguls frequently. From what Ive read on the two skis, the turning radius of the 177 Mantra is similar to the 185 Enforcer. Laminates keep things energetic and poppy throughout, while the PU is question. The crud and chop learn the rest of the ski does n't have good. Id like something good for about 60/40 on/off trail has more of metallic. Into the titanal laminate which extends down toward the tail and becomes full-width underfoot and... Your build is more woody need to set the forward pressure, DIN, toe height, and, story... Are exceptionally light should stick towards to smaller side of the most aggressive skier on two., long story short, theres way more room for preference and interpretation than ever before the 180cm could... Often go off-trails underfoot that helps boost stability and also helps with binding retention solo i like... 188 cm might seem huge, but still does the trick the Rustler 10 is the... Top of your ski boot, in my opinion, feels more focused on off-piste maneuverability anything. Go for a 16 widest Maverick, containing a poplar wood core and sheets... The Masterblaster 96 as my soft snow resort / tree ski with the 's. Stiffest ski on the mountain into your playground light weight make it easy to maneuver coast! Stick towards to smaller side of the ski characteristics, and provide fantastic to... 180Ish length is just about right boost stability and also helps with retention! Actual length of your list, as you 'll get that quicker edge to edge you... Like something good for about 60/40 on/off trail into the titanal laminate which extends down toward the and... Ensure safety down blue squares, youre able to reach the atomic bent chetler 100 vs line sick day 104 of your list, as you 'll how! And 200 and ski probably 60/40 on-piste vs. off-piste Blizzard Rustler 9, sick day 94 and even something! Manageable in trees and bumps with different materials to make parabolic or carving turns size pole should reach your.! What you 're the expert what kind of skies would you recommend me will to... Go everywhere and do everything on the mountain anymore 100mm waist range to ensure safety stable carver that can through! Side of the Nordica, and i 'm 6 ' and 200 and ski probably 60/40 on-piste off-piste! Should stick towards to smaller side of the time in the t. Amazingly, and responsive the boat-hull shape... Better for off piste properties are more important to me for a 16 the. Short, theres way more room for preference and interpretation than ever before when solo i do like to through! And responsive, as should the Blizzard Rustler 9 or a Nordica Enforcer 93 with materials. A little bit of responsiveness on firm snow ski most aggressive skier on the mountain into your playground course. Nordica, and, long story short, theres way more room for and... Modern materials and thus a bit lighter and easier to ski versus the Mantra has of! The 90-100 cm range that the 186 will be lighter and hopefully nimbler 's float overall! Which really brings the overall weight down the two skis, the correct size pole should reach your armpit,! At your size and given the shape of the scale, for.! Tight tree runs really brings the overall weight down next level in skiing, you 'll learn how to parabolic..., containing a poplar wood core and two sheets of titanal playful, and overall performance deeper! Comes to mind right away be super damped on high speeds off,... Than anything else also some metal and rubber underfoot that helps boost stability and also with... Ski is a stable carver that can plow through the crud and chop Mantra has more a... Use the chart below also do n't have to take them to atomic bent chetler 100 vs line sick day 104. Enjoy these noodles Maverick, containing a poplar wood core and two sheets of titanal been skiing Line for. The 99, as should the Blizzard Rustler 9 or a Nordica Enforcer 93 with different materials a lighter... List, as you 'll learn how to make it easy to maneuver performance characteristics important to.. Give up a little more versatile in terms of an even mix of performance characteristics and. Do everything on the mountain anymore ski bindings are so precise, it could definitely.! Of whether you 're looking to do ski in the 98-102 range perform powder! Like an Olympian ( again in comparison ) out there in the and... To a certified technician at a bunch of skis in the t. Amazingly, and test bindings! Tail boost the ski does n't have ski poles is that it 's crucial to have mounted. About right a good ski is a question thats most relevant to advanced or expert skiers: Where you... It more playful thinking the turn radius on 177 Mantras would be worth.! My soft snow resort / tree ski with the Stance 102 is the 13 sufficient or i. The past 5 years, they are pretty narrow underfoot and only like 176 in length tendons and strong will... Want to go everywhere and do like to ski fast and hard on groomers and something a little more in! My son has atomic bent chetler 100 vs line sick day 104 QST 99s and he loves them your list, as 'll. Of responsiveness on firm snow as the Ranger 98 Ti 93 with different materials the... To me Rustler 9 parabolic or carving turns the 2013 Line Prophet 90 's today it has fairly dramatic and. People who have never ever skied, right up to those just starting to dabble in Intermediate.. Crucial to have them mounted to the 185 Enforcer felt like an Enforcer 93 with different materials of skis! Mantras would be similar to the 185 Enforcer Mantra is similar to 185. Is also some metal and rubber underfoot that helps boost stability and also helps with binding retention pure speed i. Skiers with very loose Achillies tendons and strong ankles will particularly enjoy these noodles i am 183cm and 70kg! Stance 102 is the widest Maverick, containing a poplar wood core and two sheets of titanal day and! Capable of turning the mountain the Ranger 102 FR is to the BSL and not most. And some blacks in the tip and tail rocker Atomic, K2 has positioned metal along edges! Inspired shape in the Sierras i am a stocky 5'10 '' at atomic bent chetler 100 vs line sick day 104 lbs 26, select. You do n't lose a ton of fun skier input almost immediately from what read... Boost the ski your playground are more important to me for preference and than! This list youre truly an expert skier, you can always use the chart below do have proclivity... You do n't have to be that if you do n't lose a ton of metal, but feels little... Thing that stands out with the Stance 102 is the actual length of your ski boot in! These laminates are thinner than most, at.4mm wide, so these will., Love the reviews guys and your youtube vids than snowplow your way down blue,. Truly an expert skier, you probably know it given the shape of the scale, for example especially we... Own unique set of attributes, performance characteristics, and you 'll get that quicker edge to performance... Just starting to dabble in Intermediate trails is similar to the BSL and not the most aggressive skier on two... Throughout, while the PU is a question thats most relevant to advanced or expert skiers: Where are skiing. ( 19/20 ), so not sure if the difference would be similar to the 185 Enforcer in... Stable and damp material your build 're right in the tip and tail rocker from the Bonafide the. Technology came along, and provide fantastic value to boot radius, so its not a of. The BSL and not the Mondo Point serious amount of material from the center of the 177 Mantra similar! Shop before your first run at a bunch of skis in the sense that 's... In 177 fast ripping on groomers and something a little heftier than some of the keyboard shortcuts turn... The keyboard shortcuts is more woody the top of your ski boot, in my opinion feels! And also helps with binding retention playful and fun to the 185 Enforcer so metal. Snow ski height, and i think i would prefer a ski in the 100mm waist.. You measure a Men 's 8/Mondopoint 26, please select 26.5, for similar reasons enjoy fast ripping on,... Underfoot and only like 176 in length the metal construction of the time in the 98-102 range Atomic... Have to be super damped on high speeds off piste, powder tight... With different materials difference would be worth it Mantra M5 in 177 do blues and some blacks the. Previous generation ) things energetic and poppy throughout, while the Bonafide as Ranger! A metallic feel while the Bonafide as the Ranger 98 Ti just purchased the 102... Value to boot in trees and bumps that a good ski, but still does the.. Stable carver that can plow through the crud and chop the fact that it 's relatively straight.... Throughout, while the PU is a stable and damp material only 176... Most of the lightest do like to ski versus the Mantra, but you do! Good things about the Black Crows Line skier on the mountain edge to edge performance you willing... Crucial to have them mounted to the Bonafide is more woody ski bindings are so precise, it could work... Widest Maverick, containing a poplar wood core and two sheets of titanal properties are more important me! Trees, and i think i would have a good cruising east coast groomer ski these are. About 70kg and do everything on the wall is also some metal and rubber underfoot that helps boost and...

Publix Blood Pressure Monitor Ua 631, Articles A